Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are you wanting the clip-kind or nub-kind of wheel?

I don't have any for you, just clarifying. I did get one for myself yesterday that a friend was going to give me. They are probably all over the junk yards with cars sitting on them. When I bought my truck, it had 3 nub wheels and one clip wheel. With the new nub wheel, I can now wear all 4 baby moons AND I have a spare tire! woo hoo

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
hello all,

looking for some stock steel wheel(s) for a 1966 c10

thanks for looking
I have 4 freshly glass bead blasted rims/wheels 15" 6 lug, 5 1/2" wide, 3 3/4" B/S, center hole 3 1/2", 3 nub, no paint yet. Let me know if interested. PM me for phone number and we'll talk. Marvin

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are you wanting the clip-kind or nub-kind of wheel?

I don't have any for you, just clarifying. I did get one for myself yesterday that a friend was going to give me. They are probably all over the junk yards with cars sitting on them. When I bought my truck, it had 3 nub wheels and one clip wheel. With the new nub wheel, I can now wear all 4 baby moons AND I have a spare tire! woo hoo
Not to hi-jack this thread, but what's the difference? I'll be needing a set as well for my '60 burb so I can run baby moons and discs up front. I'm hoping to hit local junk yards and need to know what to look for.

Am I correct that the nub kind are what the baby moons fit onto?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Not to hi-jack this thread, but what's the difference? I'll be needing a set as well for my '60 burb so I can run baby moons and discs up front. I'm hoping to hit local junk yards and need to know what to look for.

Am I correct that the nub kind are what the baby moons fit onto?
Well your back to the point of deciding five or six lug, any wheel made after `72 will clear disc calipers, six lug are 4x4 but all were rallies, stock wheels were five lug, or you can get them thru Stockton Wheel, or Wheel Vintiques, five or six lug with the small hub cap nubs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well your back to the point of deciding five or six lug, any wheel made after `72 will clear disc calipers, six lug are 4x4 but all were rallies, stock wheels were five lug, or you can get them thru Stockton Wheel, or Wheel Vintiques, five or six lug with the small hub cap nubs.
Most likely staying 6 lug, unless I find something horribly wrong with my front end. I guess I should have specified, not looking for stock for that year, just stock wheels. Maybe Marvins post about the set of 6 lugs threw me off.

I did see someone online that had a nice set of wheels capable of the baby moons for what appeared to be a fair price. So will the rallies not work with baby moons? Sorry, I'm trying to get to speed, just a lot to figure out....

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Most likely staying 6 lug, unless I find something horribly wrong with my front end. I guess I should have specified, not looking for stock for that year, just stock wheels. Maybe Marvins post about the set of 6 lugs threw me off.

I did see someone online that had a nice set of wheels capable of the baby moons for what appeared to be a fair price. So will the rallies not work with baby moons? Sorry, I'm trying to get to speed, just a lot to figure out....
You can buy and install hub cap clips on the rallies..do a google search https://www.google.com/search?q=hub...X&ved=0ahUKEwjNwbmz4q3RAhVP4GMKHSXeCf0QsAQIGg

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Just realized, (and would need confirmation) that all early wheels (stock ) six lug and later wheels how to spot differences at a glance is how many hub cap nubs are on it...early have three, late model have four, late model clear disc calipers.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
don't these wheel(s) have casting number(s) on them .... like around the lug nut area or inside the rim ... ?
Date code and rim stock number stamped on backside. this image camaro date code..have not found a truck listing as of yet...

·
Registered
331 Posts
hello all,

looking for some stock steel wheel(s) for a 1966 c10

thanks for looking
bump on the search ....
don't these wheel(s) have casting number(s) on them .... like around the lug nut area or inside the rim ... ?
Have you found what you are looking for? What are you using for brakes? drum or disc? I have a set (4) stock steel wheels for your 66 C10 Truck that's if you are going the stock route. PM me if interested, Thanks. Marvin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts