Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

wrong swaybar?

8K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  406Rich 
#1 ·
I bought a front swaybar for my '71 c10 2wd from Summit. At the time the website only showed them available for '73 and up but I figured it should be the same. Now that I'm ready to install, almost two years after purchase, the manufacturer's website (belltech) says it won't fit but they still don't list anything that will. I held it in place with a jack, the mounting holes on the lower control arms line up and the front of the swaybar appears to be in the correct position, I haven't ordered the frame brackets yet. I ran the steering lock to lock and couldn't see any interference. What is the difference on the front suspension and frame between a 2nd and 3rd Gen C10 and should this swaybar fit? Thanks

#3 · (Edited)
Pics would be a big help, two styles were used, first one has the plain butt end with a single hoop to bolt down on top of a-arm, second is eyelet with a verticle link, which style do you have..?

Attachments

#6 ·
Just order or pickup the links and frame locators at your local speed shop or order online, just be sure to measure your bar size, and the link end hole size.

#7 ·
I've got everything but the frame brackets. I saw another one on Summit now that says it will work on a '67 through '87 so I'm thinking I'm safe with what I've got, it's at least worth a shot. Thanks for all the input, I'll let you know how it turns out and post some pics of the truck soon.

#8 ·
Well, even though the manufacturer said it wouldn't work this sway bar bolted right up and works great! Seriously cut down on the body roll and eliminated the floating. So glad it worked, can't wait to go carve up some mountains. Thanks for everyone's advice and knowledge.

#9 ·
Great glad all worked out for you, just be careful now as tires tend to break loose on the push around corners...! They do sell a kit for the rear but in somes cases it will creat oversteer.....but does add to the handling capabilities....!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.