Chevy C10 Trucks banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well mine is not a C-10, but i have the love for old trucks, so lets see what you have.

mine is a 64 1-Ton. i have it set up so i can work in the field or just help my friends, i have a generator, has powered air compressor, a 5k crane, and tools boxes full of stuff, i am in the process of changing over the complete front crossmember from an 81 1-ton, i am going to change the gears from 456 to 354 to 373's, the truck has a 350 that runs great, i have changed over to an edelbrock intake and 625 carb., i will be installing a 700R4, P/S P/B, A/C, modern stero Etc. i want this to be as close to a newer truck as i can get it.
i will post how the truck was when i got it and how it looks now.

i hope you enjoy, and please post your work trucks.

Ok work Trucks NOT work Turks !! lol

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cool truck! This is what I like about this hobby, whether its cars or trucks there is no limit on ideas on what one can build!.anim_25

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it's a great hobby, and you dont need to follow trends to make your self happy,
thanks.

Cool truck! This is what I like about this hobby, whether its cars or trucks there is no limit on ideas on what one can build!.anim_25

·
Registered
150 Posts
nice, looks like it comes in handy for alot of different jobs. thanks for sharring.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Way cool, another saved from the earth.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i need to start a build thred, but this is what i picked up today, so soon my 64 will have P/S, P/D/B , i will then mount my power brake booster, tilt column. i hope in the next 2 weeks.

well it may or may not load pictures, but i picked up a complete X-member from a 81 1 ton.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice score! Guess you'll have to start that progress thread now so we can watch your build!

Dave
bowtieb

·
Administrator & Sheet Metal Junkie
1,128 Posts
i need to start a build thred, but this is what i picked up today, so soon my 64 will have P/S, P/D/B , i will then mount my power brake booster, tilt column. i hope in the next 2 weeks.

well it may or may not load pictures, but i picked up a complete X-member from a 81 1 ton.
Tonka, dose that 81 front clip still unbolt like the 60's and 70's ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
about 99% of this swap is bolt in, the 6 1/2 bolts line up there is 2 holes that need to be drilled on each side and 1 hole that needs to be drilled just a little larger, then done, not a big deal at all.

so yes it does.

Tonka, dose that 81 front clip still unbolt like the 60's and 70's ?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Cool Henry, just like the half tons, that makes life easy..!beer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i have done a bunch to the truck i will get some more pictures posted, i can't beleave how time fly's hope all is well with you all .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i have been very busy since my last post, i have been working on the interior, and i will soon be getting my stereo system up and running, i am also working on getting a late model mirror installed so i can have more comfort in the ole girl.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Ya I have a 90 1500 as my shop truck.All stock,just keep beating it up in everyday use.235,000 miles and never has laid down on me.Hoping it will hold out till I can get my 99 GMC Sonoma up and running.Till then just keep adding gas and oil
David

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's my truck doing it's work, it hauls a 3400 lb Cab-Over camper, and tows a 4000 lb boat no problem!!!

bowtier

1 - 20 of 20 Posts