Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!,

The gasket that connects the window glass to the window regulator mount has deteriorated and broken, I cant seem to find a source for it online without also buying a new piece of class and a new bracket. What kind of materials can I use to to a diy replacement.

For reference its the black piece of plastic/rubber in this image.

Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello!,

The gasket that connects the window glass to the window regulator mount has deteriorated and broken, I cant seem to find a source for it online without also buying a new piece of class and a new bracket. What kind of materials can I use to to a diy replacement.

For reference its the black piece of plastic/rubber in this image.

Thank you.
Have you checked LMC truck? They have most replacement parts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know that LMC offers the standard and custom gasket. The custom gasket is designed for the chrome beauty insert. Here is a link...

60-66 windshield gasket

Hope it helps...

NOTE: the link is not an endorsement for LMC, just trying to help someone out...

·
Registered
787 Posts
I assume your talking about the rubber that holds the channel for the regulator roller to the glass.Check with a local glass company that does auto glass.It used to come on a roll and you just cut off the length that you need.They just fold it around the glass and use a rubber mallet to drive the channel on.Then just trim excess

·
Registered
291 Posts
Bob Drake (bobdrake.com) has "Setting tape in four (4) different sizes. $16 a roll.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts