Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these two boosters as extra parts with my 63 C20. The original is toast. It looks like the one on the left has the proper valve rod length but different bolt pattern. I figured I'd have to drill though. The right one seems newer but the reservoir is plastic and the rod is too short. Any thoughts? What should I look out for? I'm just running drums for starters. May upgrade to disc in the front eventually but might not too.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
The setup on the left, first pic, is already setup for drum/drum, I`d go with it for starters, you`ll have to change masters later if or when you go to disc/drum.. Keep in mind when the booster is installed to redrill the hole in your brake pedal arm one inch lower...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The setup on the left, first pic, is already setup for drum/drum, I`d go with it for starters, you`ll have to change masters later if or when you go to disc/drum..
Thank you sir. You are a wealth of information. I hate to ask such simple stuff here but I get the feeling you enjoy what you do.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Note: added to my response..

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Also this is the time to get a measurement of the current stock brake pedal push rod from inside firewall to mount point on pedal arm before you pull it all apart, the new or donor needs to match that after install...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also this is the time to get a measurement of the current stock brake pedal push rod from inside firewall to mount point on pedal arm before you pull it all apart, the new or donor needs to match that after install...
Shoot, too late for that. I pulled it already. The whole thing was disintegrating. Looks to be about 9" measuring it on master and measuring from the firewall to the pedal. There's not much more room than that on the donor.

Is there any maintenance or rebuilding you'd suggest for the booster? How do I check if it's in good working order?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Never had a bad booster so I couldn't tell you, best guess it's alright.... Your master is the same as the 67 to 72 C10 drum / drum, I think you can still buy a rebuild kit for it and use a brake hone on the inside with brake fluid to clean it up, if it's pitted real bad on the inside use it as a trade in on a rebuilt or new one...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts