Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I'm new to the forum! Glad to be a part of it.

I will have my 66 C10 step side back from paint in about 3 weeks. So now I'm on the topic of wheels. So I'm looking at all possiblities. Currently I have factory 6 lug rearend, I have already converted the front to disc brakes and didn't think at the time finding wheels would be an issue so I of course went with factory 6 lug spindles.

I'm wanting to put 18 or 20" inch wheels probably 8" wide in front and 9" in the rear. Also wanting to lower the truck 2" in front and 3" in rear.

Questions

1) are there any make model trucks that will cross over to the same lug pattern and hub that I can buy using the 6 lug pattern. Also will I be able to run this size wheel without tubing the bed?

2) would I be better off doing lowering spindles for front or just lowering springs, wanting 2" drop? If I need spindles then I suppose I could go ahead and get 5 lug and swap axles in rear but trying to stay from the extra expense as I already have new 6 lug factory spindles for my disc brakes.

3) I would love to run torque thrust wheels but I think due to the 3.5" hub I'm going to have problems here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry to be long winded but figure if I post all info it would be easier to answer the question.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
This is a point where you will have to decide 5 or 6 lug, they do not make 6 lug TT wheels, so in my own opinion your wanting TT`s and wanting to go lower, drop spindles, 5 lug, either change out you rear axles to five lug or have them drilled by a machine shop..then your open to all possibilities.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts