Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tapped to head overseas early next year and I think I'm going to just have my motor rebuilt while I'm gone bc I won't have time before and honestly won't have time for a while after...

My question for the pro's is this...do you think I should take it to a shop that specializes in inline 6 performance or do you think any engine shop would be able to build a mild performance inline 6?

Also if anyone knows of any reputable builders in the North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia area? Im in central NC and could probably manage a drive north or south a little...
thanks a ton again everyone

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
There's not a lot of science to the inline six anymore, most any engine shop should be able to get it done, cam change, increase compression somewhat, custom intake and exhaust.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kind of what I figured, I just wasn't sure. I even had the thought of buying a Clifford performance rebuild set up and just having the engine shop put it all in...I was pretty certain I even I could do that so I wouldn't think it would be too difficult haha...

Thanks again for the reply

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
You may even consider a Webber carb on down the line at some point..! Much better throttle response....pricey thou..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You may even consider a Webber carb on down the line at some point..! Much better throttle response....pricey thou..
Oh that's the plan...and if I somehow stumble into a boat load of cash I would love a set up with multiple Webbers, I think it looks so cool under the hood...

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is an engine builder here in town who is as good as they come. Hes not too personable but his works amazing. I used him about 10 years ago to rebuild my ford 300ci straight 6. I put
i put just under 120k miles on it after that. Used to drive 98 miles round trip daily for work. I sold it about 4 years ago. I still see my old truck scooting around. It never had as much as a hickup. My friend Mark Green had Mark Small do his chevy 250 straight six maybee 20 years ago. Last time i saw him was 2 or 3 years ago and he said he had 220,000 ish on that rebuilt 6 banger.
Just wanted you to know you would be happy with his work.
Yes any engine builder can build a mild straight 6, but how long will it last. Any Top Notch builder can do it for you, just check references before dropping 3k for a build.

The guy im talking about is Mark Smalls machine shop in Westminster MD. Just google him.
Anyhow good luck.
Good luck goin over sees, be safe.
If your military, that tax free time should help with that dual or tri carb setup you want..beer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts