Chevy C10 Trucks banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1969 GMC Sierra C2500 V8 has all recently new drum brakes (Ray Besteos) installed. But my truck keeps moving even after I hit the brakes.
What will help make my truck stop? I had recently bought a brake booster kit would this help to make it stop better? The kit also comes with proportioning valve with it. I had also put wheel cylinders in each drum (Ray Besteos).

·
Registered
17 Posts
At a minimum, adjust your shoes out and make sure you bleed the brakes well.. I'd honestly swap the front drums for disc brakes from a 1973-1987 C10. You can keep your control arms, but swap in the spindle and disc hub from the more modern truck. Make sure your donor truck has a rotor surface that is about 1.2" if you intend to keep 6 lug wheels (although be aware that the original 60's wheels will not work with disc brakes). The 1.2" is the "HD" brake setup and you'll be able to buy aftermarket 6 lug rotors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At a minimum, adjust your shoes out and make sure you bleed the brakes well.. I'd honestly swap the front drums for disc brakes from a 1973-1987 C10. You can keep your control arms, but swap in the spindle and disc hub from the more modern truck. Make sure your donor truck has a rotor surface that is about 1.2" if you intend to keep 6 lug wheels (although be aware that the original 60's wheels will not work with disc brakes). The 1.2" is the "HD" brake setup and you'll be able to buy aftermarket 6 lug rotors.
I have 8 lug wheels, so I would not be Abel to keep these or can I buy after market 8 lug rotors

1 - 4 of 4 Posts