Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
1,029 Posts
Not super familiar with that setup, but from what I understand it's no good. They dumped that and went to version 4a & 4b. The cost to make your version run is super high. You'd be better off replacing the whole system with a newer setup.

· Registered
829 Posts
I installed one in a FJ40 for a customer it it was the same way.Didnt idle right and extremely rich.The ecus are basically build for marine use.Customer sent ecu off to one guy who said he could unlock it and program it to work much better.He unlocked it but didnt help driveability at all.Actually made it worse.Sent it to another guy that said he knew what it needed and that the first guy didnt know squat.Came back even worse.Customer bought programming software and I played with it.Added 10 -15 degrees of timing and took out about 30% of fuel.Grately improved how it ran.Was going to do more but customer got impatient and picked it up.By the way this came with MEFI IV ecu and all sensors including o2 although it was a narrow band.Best bet is buy the software and tune it yourself.Just make small increments at a time.Seach internet and you can find lots of info on this setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts