Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 20 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy folks... if you used your truck for work or fun or did some work however small, to your truck, post it up in here and tell us about it.

Things like :

• Going for a drive
  • Taking a trip
  • Hauling Stuff / putting in work
  • Working on things, large or small
  • figuring out strange ways to repair things

I'll start...

on my '65 chevy C10 :

Last week I finally swapped on some OEM used wiper arms I've had for ages...

The arms that were on there when I bought it are a little different, but I figured I'd wear the last set of blades out before I swapped 'em.

This set of arms seems a lot tighter against the glass... we shall see.

Also, the stop light switch at the top of the brake pedal was a little loose and one of the connecter plugs had come off a bit, so my tail lights would come on for a moment, then go out... consistently. Very odd. I wiggled the switch speed nuts back snug and took the wires on/off and it is good to go for now.

old trucks are fun.

-W

·
Registered
3 Posts
patina enhancement

I have been working on "restoring" and "preserving" the original patina where it is possible. At some point I will tear it apart and restore the truck but once the original is gone it is gone. Today I hand wet sanded the front bumper and the part of the grill the has the Chevrolet embossed in it. You can actually get it pretty smooth by doing it that way and working in a little primer. Then applying a little spray cleaner/wax you can get it to pop a little.

Scott

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Working on these trucks is an experience. you may find the springs are bad under the bulbs they can be replaced also. Yesterday I got all the boards in the bed of my truck they are not all bolted down and not all the holes are drilled BUT I'm on my way. A wood bed is a lot of do this take it apart and fit something else. Then do it all over again.. Fun ...Yes but sometimes it gets a bit frustrating.

·
Registered
794 Posts
After I've been bragging on my 90 th700R4 how long it has lasted,it decided to crap out
Wednesday,so today I swapped in another until I can go through it.Went to finish another project and in doing so I thought I would run a drill bit thru my finger,which in turn made the tranny swap take longer.Now to go clean my wound

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
"I thought I would run a drill bit thru my finger"

I thought I was the only one that did things like that. That's why I stay up on my shots.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
All I did today was look at my truck while going in and out of the shop...anim_63

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Water spotted Windows.

For those of you that are fighting water spots on Windows, found an excellent cleaner, I've used the CLR and steel wool thing, water and vinegar, and probably half a dozen other things, sense we bought this fixer upper of a money pit, trying to clean sprinkler spots off sun baked Windows, just about ready to replace when I talked with this lady across the street, she told me to use Weiman glass cook top cleaner, use the cheap $ 1.00 store scratch pads various colors ( they are softer ) amazing results, after repeated rubbing even the worst Windows were totally spot free looked new....! beer

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to finish another project and in doing so I thought I would run a drill bit thru my finger,which in turn made the tranny swap take longer.Now to go clean my wound
ow!kwitit!

Working on these trucks is an experience. you may find the springs are bad under the bulbs they can be replaced also. ing.
Hmmnn - I was monkeying around in there, didn't see a way to pop those out on the bottom of the socket hole there. It would probably shatter anyway. :D

-W

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
For the stuck bulbs or ANYTHING stuck use this It frees up anything apply it let it sit awhile and it will come apart I call it crow-oil that's how you say it but spelt Kroil 13 oz. spray can around here about $16.00 IT IS BY FAR the BEST

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Have not used it Charlie, in my arsenal I use auto tranny fluid and mineral spirits 50/50, sometimes brake fluid, ( only for certain conditions ) and WD 40...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Believe me I abused the English language a lot more than ow.Maybe some others to boot.Hopefully though not bad enough to earn me a permanent spot down below

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Tightened some of the bolts on my bed still have a few (40) holes to drill. Have to get some 2.5 bolts as the 2" don't reach everywhere. Once the bed is done its on to the paint. I think I have all the body work done..... Nope Hood and Tail gate to finish up on. I'll get there. ;)

1 - 20 of 326 Posts