Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been working on getting a couple of chev trucks running today. a 68 3/4 ton with a 350 and turbo 400 trans. and a 71 1/2ton 350 Qjet granny four speed its a chev with rear leaf springs. Any road there is a buyer wanting a 350 engine. I don't like 350,s they use too much gas. These trucks haven't been run in several years. someone had taken the Q jet from the 71 so I borrowed one from a 84 I have that has a bad crankshaft. It cranked over and wouldn't start. I installed a new set of points and it started up and ran really good. the other truck I had installed electronic ignition & a 2 bbl carb and intake from a 283 in a attempt to use less fuel. the needle valve or float is stuck. it will run if you fill the carb through the vent at the air horn .the fuel pump is working. I will fix the carb tomorrow. the body on the 71 is very rough. Ive got a really nice 67 truck that already has the high hump 4 speed floor pan. I want to put the 67 body on the 71 frame. Ill then have disk brakes 5 hole hubs. and I have several 5 hole leaf spring rearends . so I can pick a taller gear ratio. Ill install a small V8 or a 250 six. I started these engines up on gas that has a 1/2 pint of outboard motor oil added to each gallon of gas. I wanted a extra bit of lube since they have been sleeping like zombies!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Careful, don`t get bit…LOLanim_63

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.