Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,I have mixed mess. on a v-8 swap. The motor mounts I got I am told work for the v-8 and they do line up in the rear holes, with that being said can I bolt up a 700r4 and have plenty of clearance at the firewall. What is the recommended cross member to get with this swap. I already took out the one for the 3 speed manual.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Hey all,I have mixed mess. on a v-8 swap. The motor mounts I got I am told work for the v-8 and they do line up in the rear holes, with that being said can I bolt up a 700r4 and have plenty of clearance at the firewall. What is the recommended cross member to get with this swap. I already took out the one for the 3 speed manual.
Kjs what year truck, I`m assuming 66, use any `73 to 87 C-10 trans crossmember or aftermarket such as the one from Bowtie Overdrives. and by the way welcome to the forum..!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes,1966 c10 short bed. This is my first frame off restomod... thanks for the info and welcoming me in. Do you know if the engine perches from the straight 6, I believe it's the 250 inline. I'm guessing they go in the rear mounting holes,or will this set the motor two far back.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Yes,1966 c10 short bed. This is my first frame off restomod... thanks for the info and welcoming me in. Do you know if the engine perches from the straight 6, I believe it's the 250 inline. I'm guessing they go in the rear mounting holes,or will this set the motor two far back.
Yes you would want the rear holes in the crossmember, this gives plenty of clearance in the front for fan/shroud. some have used the front holes without issue but I don`t know what their setup was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts