Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I have my truck off the road been thinking of doing some more upgrades and looking for ideas that you guys have done to yours. Ones that you really liked and worked good or ones to stay away from....

I'll start out with the ones on my truck. Power steering and power front disc brakes; tilt steering column from 1977 Chev Van; Camaro 5 spd trans with the S10 tailshaft housing; 60/40 split seat from a 1995 Chev Silverado; pulse wipers and an aftermarket radio.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Bought new (used) doors for my 93 GMC C10 Scored good I think both doors with power windows and locks $150 just need paint color change.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Yes it has power windows and locks I bought it new in 93 has 270K on it now. I used it as a work truck for 12 years with tool boxes mounted on it and ladder racks. Here in MI. rust will get anything.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Pretty much the same as yours GM dad, other than power drum, haven`t gotten around to the disc swap yet, rear mounted tank and sway bar 350/350 and a `76 tilt column.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thought of a rear mounted tank. Do you think it provided any extra room in the cab? Which tank did you use?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Thought of a rear mounted tank. Do you think it provided any extra room in the cab? Which tank did you use?
It provided a little bit, not much, did not care for tank in cab...49 to 52 chevy passenger tank. some frame mods needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anybody tried the electric door lock kit from LMC ? Part # 36-0697. Or the power window kit # 36-0696 ? Fairly reasonably priced compared to others I have seen online. And we all know that cheapest is not always better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts