Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well so far I have lowered it by coil springs, 2 in front and 4 in rear, new shocks as well, new gas tank under the bed, widened the wheel tubs 4 inches so if I wanted to go with a wider wheel say 15x12.. there is plenty of room to do so. Currently working on getting master cylinder with brake booster on it and getting some disc brakes as well to make her stop better. Just got the CPP steering gear box adapter plates and have the pump installed on motor. just need gearbox and hoses to be done here. I plan to remove the granny 4 speed and put a 700r4 in place mated up to my 327 that's currently in place. some new wood for the bed and be road worthy again. work in progress.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
You have been a busy man, throw in some pics when you have time.. beer

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent been on here on awhile. So update now is I have the 64 on the road.
I put in 2.5" CPP drop spindles with the 2" drop springs in front with disc brakes. It put the crossmember 3.5" off the ground. It looked great. Tho dips and speedbumps were enemies. Where i live was a speed bump right at my parking spot. I had to put stock springs in to bring it up. Tho it brought it up 4 inches vs 2" that I was wanting. It looks ok. A little rake to it. Have the CPP power brake booster to add to the disc brake set up. Stops great. Now need to do power steering and am going to drop a 200r4 trans in behind it this winter. Added some 90's era seats as well. Put in new door locks on both sides and keyed new ignition cylinder to them so only 1 key.. Truck is looking good. Hope to get pics posted soon..

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Don`t forget the power steering adapter plate, get one from john Wastweet, its a nice piece, places the box exactly where it needs to be...
This is the power steering adapter plate that I have been making since 1993. It is of a little different design than the others on the market. With mine you don't need to drill out any threaded holes on the steering box. All four of the steering box bolts go thru the frame. Also there is no inner plate to deal with. I don't feel it is necessary for a 2 wheel drive truck. I've had this same plate on my '66 Suburban since 1993 and put just over 120,000 miles on it with no issues. When I've installed these, I stitch weld the plate to the frame for a little added strength. This isn't absolutely necessary though, since there are four bolts securing it to the frame. The price for this bracket is $55.00 plus $7.20 for shipping in the USA. This price is always current and up to date. Included is the bracket as shown and four grade 8 bolts and lock washers, installation instructions and template. To place an order and for payment information either send me a PM here on the forum or email me at [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts