Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have some pretty substantial wheel well, chassis, etc rust on my 86 C10. I had the exterior sandblasted, bondo'd and painted and it looks amazing. I just finished my lift on it today and now a good amount of the undercarriage is exposed. What is the best way ahead for covering/removing rust on the undercarriage? I've been told many different things to include rhino line, chassis saver, por15, and powdercoating as options. I was wondering what the best way ahead is. The intent is aesthetic quality and keeping the rust from spreading further to where it becomes a serious performance issue.
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Well rust won't go away or stabilize best to cut it out and replace it. I have used chassis saver and it works but you do have to get rid of the rust first. The wheel wells (front) can be replaced easy enough, the rears a bit more work. The frame scrape wire brush grind or what ever it takes then chassis saver.
anim_25 I had an 85 and rust was not kind to it.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Some lay claim to Evaporust being the cats meow but I have not tried it yet...you can get it thru some auto part stores some even in walmart....
http://www.evapo-rust.com

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am using the Rustolium product. I used a grinder with a wire wheel first, then power washed, then put the rust converter to it a large section at a time. Kept it wet for far longer than directions. Power washed again, let it dry, went over it with acetone and finally going over it with Eastwood rust encapsulator. My plan is to top coat with the DIY rino liner for abrasion resistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts