Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a reputable transmission shop in Oregon or Washington. I have a 700r4 I need rebuilt and beefed up. Thanks.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Does anyone know a reputable transmission shop in Oregon or Washington. I have a 700r4 I need rebuilt and beefed up. Thanks.
Best thing to do in an area is talk with other NON transmission shops who they recommend to get a feel for quality work of some in your area. I`d say be careful of the saying my cousin owns one....What kind of trans we talking of....?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point

Funny you say that, cause that's kind of why I'm asking. I don't live in a place that has a trans shop. We used to but he got arrested for dealing meth. Anyway, I've looked at the costs of buying a new one vs rebuilding and of the major companies that sell them, is there a general preference?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Funny you say that, cause that's kind of why I'm asking. I don't live in a place that has a trans shop. We used to but he got arrested for dealing meth. Anyway, I've looked at the costs of buying a new one vs rebuilding and of the major companies that sell them, is there a general preference?
Summit sells trans, not sure who builds them, but many buy from them...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts