Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just purchased a 1970 chevy c-10 but need to know its towing capacity, it is equipped with a 350 V8 with the factory 4 speed trans, leaf springs in rear with positraction, does anyone know the answer? It has the factory rear bumper with the hole in it for the trailer ball. Thanks, my email is [email protected] Please email me the answer.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
sign0016 To C10 Trucks Think I'd look at the ID tag in the glove box if its still there it may tell you what your looking for Post some pictures when you get time

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ive got a 70 like you describe. Its a former Hwy dept truck. And It will tow lots more than it can safely stop. On a long grade loaded heavy the drum brakes will quickly fade. you better have good trailer brakes. and don't load beyond the capacity on the sidewall of your tires.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I read somewhere that leafs made it heavy duty. Coils were (are) a smoother ride. Frames (configuration) are the same just different suspension set up. C20s had a slightly thicker frame.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Most of the GMC are rear leaf springs. We have lots of the 67 thru 72 1/2 ton trucks and two of them have granny four speeds and leaf springs. and we have another with v8 auto and rear leaf springs.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think back in the day,Chevy's came with coils with leaf being an option something like HD and GMC's came with leaf with coils being an option.We had 6-66 GMC's long bed 250 6 cylinder and all had leaf.Had 1-67,68,69,and 71 Chevy's with 307 's.I can't remember the 71 setup but the others were all coil and 2 piece driveshaft.GMC had a single driveshaft

1 - 13 of 13 Posts