Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 65 C10 with factory 283/powerglide. I believe it had factory P/S because it has the bracket on the frame that holds the cylinder still riveted on it. But it does not have the draglink with the hole for the cylinder. Are they still available?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
That would be a wrecking yard donor part....sorry to say that..

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
If anyone out there knows where to locate one please let me know!
Thanks, Brad
Brad those early power steering systems were just power assist, Guessing and only guessing that the drag links were all the same from power vs non power but I`d have to research that and let you know what I find, they just used the power steering pump with the ram. watch Craigslist and or eBay, I have seen several this year...scrounge the small wrecking yards that are off the beaten path...all units from `63 too `66 will be the same for sure...image to view..

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I know the draglink is different because the valve screws on the end of the draglink. Also the pitman is different because the ball stud is in the valve. I'll give Tony a call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
are you still looking for power steering parts? I have a complete power assist from my 65 suburban, same as the c10 trucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts