Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 64 LWB with a 283 a few months back and was told it had a 2-speed powerglide. After reading this link http://we-crash.proboards.com/thread/14176/gm-transmissions#ixzz4NBp2hMgJ
I went and checked my pan, turns out I have a TH350. This truck came disassembled in a lot of places so I'm going through it area by area and trying to put it back together. What I have been finding is there are sometimes various pieces missing.
For example on this pice of the linkage shouldn't there be a spring of some sort?

Also here some additional pictures of the linkage and I think you can see that maybe a rubber bushing is missing to keep the bar in place.
I am kind of flying blind here and was hoping someone might post some pictures of their setup. Plans are to use an aftermarket shifter and keep the original linkage if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Most aftermarket shifters come with there own linkage. I'll have to look and see what i have out there. I never used the stock linkage so I could have that stuff

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Brim do you have the automatic column shift...? Basically what`s on my truck 64 c10 with th 350

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most aftermarket shifters come with there own linkage. I'll have to look and see what i have out there. I never used the stock linkage so I could have that stuff
CFfisher,
That would be great if you had any extra parts laying around.
Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brim do you have the automatic column shift...? Basically what`s on my truck 64 c10 with th 350

406Rich,
I do have an auto column shift. That spring in the picture is missing on my Linkage amongst other pieces.
Thanks,
Mark

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trans Linkage

406Rich,
Thanks for the diagram, my set up is not exactly identical to the diagram in some ways. For one I do not have the "lever assembly bar" with the spring so that's a part I will need.

I took off the bracket that is connected to the trans selector lever and cleaned it up. It has an additional peice on it. I will post a picture later this evening after work, I took it off to clean it up.
Also where the lever bar should pass I have a short stud filed down which is about 3-4 inches in length. I begining to think they might have fabbed something up to make it work. Or the linkage was for another type of transmission?

I worked on it a little yesterday andnoticed the linkage was way too short. Made sure the shift indicator was in the park position along with the shift lever and the trans itself was in park and when trying to connect the linkage was way too short.
You can see in the pics here the kind of pointed bar that comes off the frame and the selector lever that I have as well. If you look closely you can see how short it is...

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Selector Lever

Brim I think this is what you have. Can you tell from this what you are missing? There should be a spring where the rusty spacer is.
Yes sir everything on the right side of that picture is the same set up that I have. Only exception is on the selector lever side. No spacer there. Here it is...

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Selector Lever

The spacer is wrong it should be a spring. and that part goes onto the trans with a self locking nut
Yes sir I noticed that it needed the spring. Here is mine (no spring) and a totally differnet shape. Not sure what it comes from?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Trans Lines

So I ordered some trans lines from LMC trucks and they won't work with my Th350. Does anyone know where I could get some pre bent for my 64/ Th350
Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
pre bent for a trans that didn't come with may be a hard thing to do. I would just get I think 15" or 3/8" line and a bender. They have some E/Z bend steel lines now so you may not even need a bender. I'm still looking for linkage parts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts