Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So getting to my HEI conversion and I quadruple checked #1 plug and I’m TDC for absolutely, positively sure... but my rotor is pointing at the 5? (Pics attached)...should I just install new distributor in so it points at #1 spark plug? It had a bit of stumble when revving before but I believe that was because the previous owner had a sticky accelerator pump from putting the blue cup on a leather style rod (Rochester). Other than that it still has a stumble but it’s been pretty darn cool in Iowa to get it. No access to timing light at the moment

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Its difficult at best to drop the dizzy in on the first try on Chevrolet, your fighting the oil pump drive as well as the cam gear, it may take several trys to get it right, hold the dizzy up so that the rotor is pointing in the direction of #1, look at the bottom of the distributor shaft to see what angle the slot for the pump drive is in, then use a long screwdriver to position the shaft down in the block the same position then try dropping the distributor in again. again this may take several trys...! and get a timing light....! anim_63

1 - 3 of 3 Posts