Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what is happening. I am trying to install a tailgate handle/latch on my '79 C10. The old one was badly bent and I cut the handle to get it out. The new handle will not go into the hole. It's like an Arubic's cube, I keep turning and turning, but it just won't go. It's like it's to big/to long. It is exactly the same as the old one. Is there a trick to this? Do I have the wrong handle? Any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I have changed those handles before with no problems. Something must be bent?? Why did you have to cut the old one out??

I just noticed that's your first post. sign0016 Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response. Good question. The tailgate is not bent it looks very straight. The other handle was badly bent and it wouldn't drop down after removing the 3 screws. So I got it out part way and cut the finger pull off and then it came out. I pulled this off of a '79 C10. Maybe I have a different tail gate? It looks right.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the left coast....first maybe and I'm only guessing that maybe you go to install the handle that you need to have it in a pulled position ( as if you were opening ) to reinstall, if you already haven't tried that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts