Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there adjustment on the right hand side of a 78 tailgate i know there wasnt on the left hand side but the left hand side lines up good the right hand side is saging down and the trim moulding doesnt line up , its also the slot side ! its in good condition its just sitting to low?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
can i elongate the bracket so it will move up what do you think about that?

PS i dont know why theres a thumbs down under my name ?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I`m out of my realm here but are the `78`s a steel fixed bed or bolt in steel bed, on our earlier trucks with the 70 some odd bolts holding it to the bed sills, if the bed is installed with out squaring it up diagonally, and you bolt every thing down tight, the tailgate will ride up on one side or the other depending on which way the bed is out of square....just a thought I would pass on.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
the part with the slot on the inside of the tailgate is spot welded and may have a spot loose letting it move up thus letting the gate hang a little low on that side. used to have to weld them back in as they had a habit of coming loose.

·
Registered
794 Posts
My 78 fleetside bed panels were all bolted together,
only welds were at the rear corner posts at the
bottom of post where it meets bed panel.Sounds like
a problem with right side trunion or socket of gate
or maybe twisted bed frame

·
Registered
6 Posts
i found an 88 tailgate for real cheap and i was wondering if it is much different than the 86 tailgate. i know it will fit but do they look much different? thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts