Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 62 C10 longbed stepside, and I got a 2000 Tahoe 4x4 4 door with a 5.3L. Have any of you ever swapped a C10 body to a Tahoe chassis? Or do you think I would be better off putting the 5.3 in my 62 chassis. It currently has a 283 with a 3 speed manual. I dont think the Tahoe 4x4 trans will swap to my truck though. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
It has been done with a c`10 chassis ( 05 I think) a lot of work for the end result was disappointing in my opinion, you`re better off upgrading your chassis and with upgraded motor, with the number of MFG`s out there producing mounts and other pieces its a snap...

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Whambino First off sign0016 to C10 trucks. As Rich said it would be easier to put the new engine in the old chassis. You could part out the 2000 to purchase the conversion parts. Post some pictures of your ride.anim_25

·
Registered
129 Posts
Whambino,

How is the '62 onto the Tahoe chassis project? Did you complete it and how did it turn out?

I have a very similar project that I have started. Mine is a '66 LBW onto a '94 4x4 GMT415 chassis.

Any info, thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Do you have the assembly manual drawings of the frames for both trucks?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts