Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

Swap 350 diesel to 403 olds

990 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Chevyfabry 
#1 ·
good day for everyone!
pleased to meet you, I am Italian is the first time I join a Forum and excuse me if I can make mistakes of discussion!
i have a question for you, I want to replace my 350 diesel with a 403 petrol but I don't want to find myself editing everything having further problems, you just need to remove the old engine and put the new one without too many midifices or do I not recommend this gearbox?
i've already done three times my heads and I keep spending money on an engine that was born unfortunate.
thank you all

Discussion starter · #2 ·
good day for everyone!
pleased to meet you, I am Italian is the first time I join a Forum and excuse me if I can make mistakes of discussion!
i have a question for you, I want to replace my 350 diesel with a 403 petrol but I don't want to find myself editing everything having further problems, you just need to remove the old engine and put the new one without too many midifices or do I not recommend this gearbox?
i've already done three times my heads and I keep spending money on an engine that was born unfortunate.
thank you all
Sorry, not gearbox but Swap

Discussion starter · #4 ·
What transmission is in it? If it's currently diesel, your gonna have to get rid of all the fuel lines.

thank you for your help!
i have an automatic 3 speed transmission (th350) I think it can adapt to pontiac, olds, buick engines (mechanic told me)
and here in Italy I found a used 403
i would have preferred a 350 chevy but I should change transmission attack etc
with the 403 maybe the manifolds are okay too?

Discussion starter · #6 ·
hello! thank you for your help.
the 403 arrives from a Pontiac firebird 1977.
i haven't bought the engine yet because I'd like to be sure I can swap without too many problems. .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.