Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And left a mark that can't be buffed out. Getting one heck of a deal on a 4 wheel disc brake upgrade, I was caught up in the elation frenzy and lacked the brain cells to notice that it was for a 5 lug axle, not a 6 lug. Is there a 5 lug axle that will work with the existing rear end, or is there a rear end from another Chevy that will work ? Any help will be much appreciated.

To paraphrase Forrest Gump:

Stupid IS......................... And Stupid DID.........

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
What is this we are working on would help...chevy changed to 5 lug in `mid year `71 and welcome to the forum....!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I told you STOOPID has landed. SORRY. It is a '64 C10 Fleetwood. 230 CID (massive power) LOL.
(fleetside)...? Gm changed to 5 lug in `71 on up so any year will work , its a bolt in, they sell a conversion pan hard bar that you will have to buy or build, as they are mounted slightly different, this barring any leaf spring model you happen to run across...Note all rear axles 1971 on are 1.5 inches wider that the `64

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(fleetside)...? Gm changed to 5 lug in `71 on up so any year will work , its a bolt in, they sell a conversion pan hard bar that you will have to buy or build, as they are mounted slightly different, this barring any leaf spring model you happen to run across...Note all rear axles 1971 on are 1.5 inches wider that the `64
I was listening to Fleetside Mac, LOL.

THANK YOU. The ulcer can now go away, until the next major malfunction.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I was listening to Fleetside Mac, LOL.

THANK YOU. The ulcer can now go away, until the next major malfunction.
Almost forgot CPP sells 5 lug conversion axles for your reared....so does Early Classic Enterprises..you`ll need to confirm your axle is a `64 by getting the numbers and letters from the top rear right axle tube, you may have to reveal it with sand paper lightly to read it...or have your axles redrilled to five lug pattern at a machine shop in your area...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts