Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello again everyone...

Still priming my frame on my 64 stepside. Was wondering who sells a disc brake kit for the front using my stock wheels?? Did some research and everyone says you cant do it...am I missing/not looking in the right places??..Im not opposed to drop spindles for the front if I can make it fit with my stock wheels...6 lug

Trying to keep it simple and easy on my wallet as well...

Thanks in advance

Duane

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Duane while its true in a sense, all wheels made after 1971 are five lug and the identifier is the four hubcap nubs, will clear calipers, all earlier (prior to 1971) having three hubcap nubs will not clear the calipers, now all 4x4 used six lug all the way up to `86 they all used disc brakes, they came with either the 6 lug rally`s or the stock style six lug, four nub wheels so yes they are out there you`ll have to find them...

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
ughhhh.....never say it was easy!!!!
You can use the factory rally with disc brake also come in six lug....such as mine, they are 15x8, if wanted you can buy hub cap clips to install on them and use the factory hubcaps....instead of the beauty rims and caps..

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies......ummm...My truck came with 4 flat tires with no hubcaps whatsoever.....was going to clean up the wheels and use them....Ive got the rear end done with drums......looking at options for the front....

And as always thank you for the info....it is greatly appreciated!!!!

Duane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts