Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need help lol, not scared to ask, I have a 77 c10 stock front suspension, 83 rear end only stock leafs shocks etc, I want the staggered muscle look , I don't want to notch the frame , I like the 2/4 look any help on rear wheel width and backspacing would be great, I want to run the Mt sportman tires front and rear, and want to go with a prostar Wheel for the muscle look any suggestions or experience or even some pics would be great thanks

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
maybe this will help with the rear end widths.http://www.carnut.com/specs/rear.html Just how wide are you thinking of in the rear. You can measure the distance from the inner side of the fender to the frame. I would want at least 1inch clearance there. Depending on how tall you could come out to the lip on the fender.
315/70-15's on 15x8 wheels about 6" drop in back. They fit well, barely a fingers width between the bed and tire. No modifications to bed, axle or frame.
I'm planing on running 31x10.5xR15LT I won't have to change anything and run 265x75R15 up front. This is with the 265x75R15 all around

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to go with a 15×10 Wheel and a 28x12.5 x15, on rear, if not possible I would consider doing a 15x8 with a 28x10.5x15, , from inside of outer fender to outside of inner fender well is 13 inches overall, I would love to have a true 12 or 11 inch Tire on a 10 inch wheel , or a true 10 inch Tire on a 8 inch wheel, I love the wide Tire deep in the fender look just don't want to notch the frame, thanks for the link, it was helpful, front should be easier, just want to dial in the back,

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Tiresmoker don`t believe you can attain that size tire without frame mods and rear axle narrowing...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tiresmoker don`t believe you can attain that size tire without frame mods and rear axle narrowing...
are you saying that you have to go 6inches in the back to tuck the tire or the 12 or 10 is just too wide , I would be very happy with a 10 inch tire and 8 inch wheel, my main concern was where the sidewall balloon would be at with 4 inch drop in back, I haven't bought wheels yet so backspacing can be consireded, I trust your answers to experience, and respect them, don't want the slammed look ,just lowered, trying to get rid of some top heavy body roll and a nice stance combined without being on the ground again thanks for advice and opinions

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
,just lowered, trying to get rid of some top heavy body roll and a nice stance combined without being on the ground again thanks for advice and opinions
We are talking about two different things here ( maybe I`m confused ) Body roll, first do you have any sway bars on the truck,( front ) if you don`t ( or even if you do its probably small in size) get any sway bar form any C20 or C30 donor truck, measure diameter to ensure its 1.25 diameter, grab all the brackets, then swing by your local auto parts store and buy new rubbers for the sway bar and install on your truck... The C20/30 use a 1.24 inch sway bar the largest they make, this will make all the difference in the way your truck handles, now if this is not enough you can install another sway bar on the rear but that will need to be an aftermarket kit. Then if you lower the truck say a 2/3 drop, 3 inch front and 2 inch rear your truck will handle like a skate board. Then go on to tire /wheel, this will give you a better idea of what clearance you will have when already lowered to your liking.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is great info,this I will have to do ,and I was originally talking about the lowering of like 2/4, and you have helped a lot , hope I can return the favor sometime

·
Registered
800 Posts
Here in Texas it is very common to see the 73 to 87 with 31 x 10,50 x 15"s.I considered putting them on my 78 years ago but back then the tires were too aggressive.More of an off-road type.So I opted for the 255/60x15,but that is a short tire.I now run 255'70 r 15s on stock rally wheels.And by the way I'm running on the Bell Tech 3\4 drop.I just did a slight mod the the rear because I didn't want to cut the rear bed cross beam.As you can see from my pics there is a slight rake to the front and plenty of tire clearance

·
Registered
800 Posts
Also if you use their system bear in mind you will ave to adjust your pinion angle.For the front if going to a 3 drop use a 2 drop spindle and 1 on the spring

1 - 9 of 9 Posts