Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So I changed a freeze plug, t-stat, and did a radiator flush on my sons 85 K10 Silverado, has the 5.7 tbi. Now it is harder to start in the morning. I used the 50/50 antifreeze mix. Its only low 50's in the morning here. Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Hi All,

So I changed a freeze plug, t-stat, and did a radiator flush on my sons 85 K10 Silverado, has the 5.7 tbi. Now it is harder to start in the morning. I used the 50/50 antifreeze mix. Its only low 50's in the morning here. Any ideas?

Thanks.
There is a slim possiblilty that the fuel-pump or connector tube is going bad..particularly if you have a single tank
--
The TBI requires "residue-pressure" in the fuel-system to start immediately. the pressure is held by the pressure-regulator the injectors and the fuel-pump check-valve.. if the pump is failing, pressure is lost when sitting and has to be made up when starting...resulting in starting delays.nd difficulties, and eventualy no-start

GM does not make it easy to check the fuel pressure to check for leak-down,,the do provide a "test-lead"..located on the fuel-pump relay plug,it is a lead with an empty spade connector... connecting 12v will energize the pump... connecting a test-light, will tell when the pump is energized by the relay.

Try applying 12v to this connector BEFORE you try and start it cold..if it starts immediately, the fault MAY be the pump

If you put a test light on instead.. watch for an immediate light when cranking...if you get one, it MIGHT be the pump..if it delays, it MIGHT be he relay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts