Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm getting my first serious restoration project delivered tonight! I thought it would be a good idea to join the forum because I'm sure I'll have tons of questions and it seems like a good resource.

My new toy is a 66 C10 Panel truck. The frame is in fantastic shape. Actually everything underneath is solid. It's one of the primary reasons I was drawn to the truck. The motor is out and mostly non-existent. It's just the block. The tranny has also been pulled but is all there ready for re-build. I may try to put in a K tranny and convert it to 4WD if that's possible. The body is in OK shape except for the floor-pan. I'll post some pics when it gets delivered.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me often!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum, there`s quite a few knowledgeable people here to help, we definitely need pics of the project…glad your aboard, is this a total restoration or going to update as well..? 16coffee

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
B.C. sign0016 to C10 4WD sounds like a fun way to go. You might want to find a 4WD and swap out the undercarriage components. Should be interesting Pictures please

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the welcome!

I'm not fully decided if it's going to be a full restoration or update or mod. Obviously if I try to convert to 4wd I'm out of bounds for restoration, but I have time to decide.

The truck was delivered last night and I was pleasantly surprised and a bit bummed at the same time. When I looked at the truck I couldn't see all the parts that were in the back clearly because it was just a messy pile of stuff. For the price I paid I decided it didn't so much matter what was back there. Now that I have it here and looked through it there's some nice surprises like the replacement turn signal lens. A front and rear bumper. The headlight housings and some other goodies. The bummer part is that the block that's back there is not the 250 I6 that it should be. It's a V8. Oh well...

Here's some pics:

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Judging from your photos, (interior dash ) it came equipped with a powerglide, deluxe windshield washer option ( middle button left side dash ) and emergency flasher button below dash…you have the thrift heater, but they also sold a extra cab heater for the burbs and panels, (rare ) if you have one…!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love it. Sweet ride!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hers one I saw at a car show last year.Althogh a different model year it gives an idea how cool these panels can be.Neat project you have there.
GEDC0368.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts