Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to get some advice / recommendations from experienced c10 owners. I'm starting a frame up build with my 64 and I want a very friendly everyday driver with a solid suspension, disc brakes, and power steering.

CPP has provided a couple options - one at just under $7k for everything including tubular arms, axle conversion, their big disk brake upgrade kit, shock relocation... all parts / accessories needed or another version at just under $8k with coil overs. Again, both are complete options.

Is this a good route to go for a daily driver or am I under or overkilling it?

I do want it dropped but no more than 4 - 6" off the ground, and if it helps... I'll be running a 350 crate motor and upgrading the transmission. I'm not sure what I should do with the rear end yet or what I'll need to budget there but I could definitely use some advice. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
303 Posts
One weak point is where the front shocks mount to the frame. That hole can get hogged out and you'll get a floppy shock. Make sure you check this while you have it apart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Dave. Looks pretty solid there but I’ve yet to start pulling everything apart. I got pretty lucky and the truck has really low miles - mostly it’s just sat in my friends yard in our New Mexico desert, after her grandfather gifted her the truck some 30 years ago. She drove it for a year (and put every dent it has on it, before just sitting on it doing nothing.
Im starting to lean toward Total Cost Involved’s front and rear Pro Touring suspension. The more I think about it the more I like what they’re accomplishing. Hmmmm….

1 - 3 of 3 Posts