Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited a 71 C10 Chevy I bought a aftermarket starter to put on I take old starter off it has three wires to hook up one of course is the battery wire but the other two there's only a place for one wire hookup on the new aftermarket starter there's no R&S terminal how do I wire this thank you

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I would take the new one back and get the right one. the small wires are for 1) to energize the solenoid to make the starter come in and turn the engine over. 2) is for the engine coil to have 12 volts while starting it runs off a resistor wire after that. To use what you have properly you would have to rewire your ignition switch which could be a real PAIN.. If they don't have the starter with the right solenoid maybe they will have the right solenoid so you can change it.

Sorry I just noticed this was your first post sign0016 To C10 Trucks. Enjoy your stay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would take the new one back and get the right one. the small wires are for 1) to energize the solenoid to make the starter come in and turn the engine over. 2) is for the engine coil to have 12 volts while starting it runs off a resistor wire after that. To use what you have properly you would have to rewire your ignition switch which could be a real PAIN.. If they don't have the starter with the right solenoid maybe they will have the right solenoid so you can change it.

Sorry I just noticed this was your first post sign0016 To C10 Trucks. Enjoy your stay
Thanks man i will send back

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts