Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a doc`s app on friday, left there on the way home, wife is driving, there was a small toy in front of us towing a trailer, he had four lenghts of granite on the trailer on edge, the trailer as sort of starting to wip, I told the wife to back way off, then as she finally got far back enough sure enough the trailer really wipped, three of the four flew off the back of the trailer and broke into a million pieces, wonder if he has a job now....people that use trailers need a course in loading and towing them...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Similar thing happened to us recently on I-19. Guy obviously had just left Lowe's. He had a pallet of block on his trailer, sitting at the very back edge. I saw him coming down the ramp and I couldn't believe it. I backed way off, saw him start swaying, and by the time he was merging with traffic, the trailer had spun him around. Lost the whole load, and could have done more serious damage if traffic hadn't given him the whole road.
I, too, tend to go with more tongue weight.
Bill

·
Registered
797 Posts
Years ago I worked for an electrical contractor maintaining/repairing their fleet.I did alot of hauling during that time and learned real fast that a trailer would react to how well it was loaded,be it tag,gooseneck or semi.
David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts