Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for posting my first issue moments after I joined the forum but I don’t have FB anymore so all the pages I once followed I do not have access to. C10 communities were the only thing keeping me on FB as long as I was. ANYWAY...I have a 77 with the F44 package. Two new noises have popped up in the past couple months. The first, a single pop in the front right tire when the wheel is turned with the brake compressed. I only notice at a stop or, say, backing out of a spot. It almost sounds like something that is compressed, popping loose. It only happens when the brake is pressed in. I tested it in the driveway in neutral without the brake and no noise. It is consistent rather than intermittent. My front end suspension is completely rebuilt but I’m suspecting brake/bearing related because it only happens when I’m on the brake.

Okay, second noise. This one I just noticed recently. There is a mild reverberating whine/whistle . It’s soft. I cannot hear it if the music is on. It happens a few moments after acceleration from a stop or a turn. It only lasts a few seconds then doesn’t happen again until the next turn or acceleration from stop. Maybe power steering related? Nothing happens with the performance of the truck when it happens but ever since ripping out the emissions and putting in the EFI, when you turn the wheel all the way to one side it squeals. Though, I have no other issues with the system. Drives like a dream.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts