Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
30 years ago today here in San Antonio we had what I think was a record setting snow.At the time I was working nights,6pm to 3 am, at UPS on the brown Santa trucks.If memory serves,I remember going outside at about 9 or 10 during my lunch and the snow had already begun to fall.When I got off the snow was up the sides of the little Ford Courier I was driving.All the highways were closed,so my only route home was through downtown.Mine was the only vehicle that traveled the roads with the fresh laid snow so you couldn't tell where the roads were.I had gutted the interior of the little truck including the floor drain plugs and on the trip home snow was shooting up through the floor and hitting me in the face and piling up in my crotch.That was one cold trip to say the least.All in all I had a blast driving all the way home

·
Registered
493 Posts
Neat story.

My wife and I were talking about driving in the snow just the other day. I can't recall ever thinking of not going someplace because of bad weather when I was a teenager... or in my 20's for that matter.

Funny how your perspective changes as you get older and realize all the stuff you have to loose, and the responsibilities you have amassed.

A smart man learns from his own mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts