Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be the first to admit I am not much of a computer guru. My computers as of the last few months have been terribly slow when accessing the internet.

With all the talk of possible hacking of Internet Explorer I downloaded Firefox to use instead of Internet Explorer. It was simple, it transferred all my bookmarks and most importantly it is greasy fast. :D

I should have done this months ago instead of just procrastinating about it. Who says an old dog can't learn a new trick.

Just wanted to share this with you all in case you too have had issues with slow internet access.

I hope this helps.

John

·
Sheet Metal Junkie
1,128 Posts
John, I know quite a few folks that have gone to Firefox, and they swear by it. I have not as of yet on my laptop, and mostly because I use my iPad. I just may have to sit down here soon and do the switch. I have Verizon as my provider, and although most the time there speed is a 7 on the scale of 1-10. Now once in a while we will go a full month with snail biting speeds. Kate and I have AT&T hot spots on our iPhone's, and that helps when Verizon gets slow. We may weigh our options with upping our hot spot usage and kicking Verizon out the door...... :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Wow 100mbps is quick.Im using AT&t DSL with IE enhanced for At&t and havent noticed any problems.Only at a little over 5Mbps.Going to try Firefox just to see if there is any difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts