Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice, I have found a water leak located just above the ebrake in the corner part of the firewall. I can barely access it from the inside and its almost impossible from the outside. What is the best way to fix this with out cutting a lot. I was thinking drilling it out and using silicone...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try to get a photo in a bit, i dont think its a drain clog because i can see the hole from inside the cab.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Maybe this pic will help....

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the picture, The rust hole is where the wiper linkage is, There was some leaves and not only did it rust into the cab but the engine bay, for now i drilled it out, rustoleumed it and then siliconed it... what will be the best permanent repair

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
The best way would be to cut it out and weld it up, you can plug tempory with silicone but the rust will continue to grow unless it's cut out....!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Yes, especially when leaves get trapped in the cowl, bottoms of doors, rear lower portion of front fender at the bolt flange, top of cab in the rain gutter, bottom sill plates below doors, inside cab at side kick panel at floor....! All common problem areas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts