Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone give me some pros and cons about restoring my truck to its original condition?....original engine/trans and everything back the way it came off the assembly line???

Only issue is maybe one day if the right offer comes along and it includes a lot of zero's.....

Ideas/suggestions???

Duane

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Its not an issue unless you have a truck that has been heavily modified by previous owner and or how far you want to take this to the correct nut and bolt..will it bring more...? good question, just a clean truck even modified will bring good money if its done right, most people even on the restomod will appreciate some newer conviences such as power steering, power disc brakes ( a safety issue) stay with an manual trans if desired...the choices are unlimited.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was thinking the same thing except just upgrading the manual trans to a floor shifter and upgrading both the 250 and trans accordingly......

Duane

·
Registered
415 Posts
i just modified item(s) on any vehicle(s) at where it could be set back the same to factory standard(s) ( along w/ keeping the parts )

everyone has their own taste at what they like or what they do not like .... but all i can say, is that, its your truck. do with it as you please =)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies guys......going to have to factor in the level of how far I want to get into this...(etc..money..time...kids)

but I always did want an older truck that I can have fun in too!!

When I go to the big scrapyard in the sky later on in life I would like the kids to be able to drive it and fix it the way they want it too...

Duane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts