Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to replace the turn signal switch/cam and can not get the wire connectors through the collar on the steering column. It’s a 3 on the tree column but the shifter has been moved to floor. How do I get the old shift cup off to get the collar off?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You should gently tap it out. The only thing that holds it is the shift lever and a spring. The connector fits through the slots. Pull it out and you will see that you have to work the end connector through the long slot it goes through.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m trying to replace the turn signal switch/cam and can not get the wire connectors through the collar on the steering column. It’s a 3 on the tree column but the shifter has been moved to floor. How do I get the old shift cup off to get the collar off? View attachment 5723
The column collar has 2 bolts on the underside that hold it in place. You remove the bolts and that allows you to work the wiring through the collar. I will take a long screw driver sometimes to help push the wiring through.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You could carefully remove the wires from the connection block, pass them through the collar then reconnect them at the other end. The wire ends clip into the connector block with small tabs. I mini straight screwdriver and some patients gets them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts