Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1971 c20 and my rear end has a floating axel, so I'm thinking of getting a wheel spacer in order to get my Chevy center caps over the axel. Has anyone done this before? any issues? I've seen tons of wheel adapters and for the most part its kind of hard to find just a spacer which i assume due to making the OEM studs too short so I'm hoping what I'm going to do is possible.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I run a 2" wheel spacer on my rear. Just to get the wheel out closer to the fender. No problems at all. I would think a 1" spacer would work for you. that would give you the room you need to run a newer style chevy truck wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1971 c20 and my rear end has a floating axel, so I'm thinking of getting a wheel spacer in order to get my Chevy center caps over the axel. Has anyone done this before? any issues? I've seen tons of wheel adapters and for the most part its kind of hard to find just a spacer which i assume due to making the OEM studs too short so I'm hoping what I'm going to do is possible.
If you're looking for a reputable brand wheel spacer and extended wheel bolts, BONOSS is the way to go. They're very well built and will hold up well. I bought a set used 3 years ago and they're still perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts