Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys hope everyone is having a good week. my question is do any of you guys have experience changing the rear cab support on your truck, we cant seem to make it fit the right way, it seems to be way to big!! thanks bowtiedb

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I assume your talking about your 66. I have never changed them on a 66 but done 49-50-51 67-71-72 My guess would be the front ones are to tight, or collapsed enough to not allow the rears to fit.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Can you post a pic..?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pictures

Here is a picture of the replacement cab support and the gap where it should fit, I made sure I ordered the actual replacement piece because my original support was almost completely rusted out

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
If not mistaken you have to fit them, they are not perfect, but I`ve never had to replace mine, I believe I am looking at the front mount...? heres an image pulled from the net

·
Sheet Metal Junkie
1,128 Posts
So the flanges that would go against the inner rocker, could they give you more room if they were bent back in place further ? Most times these parts need to be worked a bit before they will fit nicely.
How about making a cardboard template of one of the sides of the part and put it up in place. Then you can correct the template to fit the gap area, and transfer that to the part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts