Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter and I took our 4x4 down to Baja this weekend ..

One of my buddies wants me to fix up a pickup that we found on a farm

Personally IO think it is trash however he wants to know if I will help him get it running .. (Which also means draggin it 5 hours north and getting it back to the US)

Check out a few pics..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/flPRtJyYOvSWM0ag1

Body is pretty straight but it is trashed - IMO

I have a LS sitting around that would be a quick install for him, but it just looks way too far gone for me..

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Oz its your call. I believe the patina era has peaked and is on the way out now, that one may have a lot of issues if its ever to be repaired, I know most won`t even touch that...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oz its your call. I believe the patina era has peaked and is on the way out now, that one may have a lot of issues if its ever to be repaired, I know most won`t even touch that...
Without even mentioning the whole "Get it back to the US" thing...which could be a very BIG hassle. Especially if there is no title for the vehicle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I really like the patina look but in my opinion, that's not what that is. I want patina to look like it's all original, not pieced together with different color body panels. That truck for the rite deal, would be a candidate for a complete restore or do a fake patina paint job. I wouldn't count it out though if the deal is rite. I hate to see a truck go to waste lol!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just looking at that one scares me. I am doing a full frame off resto on a 65 and it was better than what's pictured here.....wished I had kept looking for a better starter truck on mine. So much time has been spent repairing rust, buying new panels, patching holes, etc, etc. Lots O work there.

Of course this is only my opinion. You know what they say about those.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
yeah well patina never was my favorite way to go, BUT some guys don't have the equipment to swap out panels so that gives them needed time. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks a little rough but hey depends on if you can do the metal and body work to save you money. Body is always the killer on a project.

The good thing is you have places like AMD which right up the street from me here in Georgia and their stuff is made in America. Plenty of Aftermarket goodies to go along with that LS as well.

the only problem is I never brought a vehicle over from Mexico when I lived in California LOL. You know its common for the reverse to happen legally and or Illegally by the Mexican Police LOL

Good Luck!!!

Tony

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks a little rough but hey depends on if you can do the metal and body work to save you money. Body is always the killer on a project.

The good thing is you have places like AMD which right up the street from me here in Georgia and their stuff is made in America. Plenty of Aftermarket goodies to go along with that LS as well.

the only problem is I never brought a vehicle over from Mexico when I lived in California LOL. You know its common for the reverse to happen legally and or Illegally by the Mexican Police LOL

Good Luck!!!

Tony

Got lucky and talked him out of it..

by 63 had no rust and the body work and new chassis still took me a few months..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Without even mentioning the whole "Get it back to the US" thing...which could be a very BIG hassle. Especially if there is no title for the vehicle.
Getting cars in the USA is easy takes a few weeks but pretty straight forward..

I have an importer out of LA I bring in 2 per year from Australia or Japan as long as they are old enough and you use an agent super easy..

Unless you live in California.. They are stupid about registering diesel trucks or cars with old glass..

·
Registered
72 Posts
LOL, When I ws in the military I would ship one for free and tip the logistics guy for the second to go for half price LOL

In Germany It was common for soldiers to bring one over for free with the family. The second was full price $2K from what I remember.

Tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts