Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had my '65 in a local car show when a rain storm popped up so my self in my 2 oldest kids took cover in the cab of the truck. I noticed some rain water on the floorboard of the truck at first I just blew it off since I had the vent windows open for air.

I noticed shortly after that it seemed to be coming from under the dash I felt around had a ton of wet gauge wires which is bothersome. The more I examined it seemed to be coming in on top of the firewall pinch weld. There does not seem to be signs of rust under the dash. I have never noticed rain coming in the truck when I have driven it in the rain. I am hoping and thinking that the cowl lets in water since the truck was at a standstill and lets face it these trucks are not made and sealed off like todays vehicles.

Anyone else ran into this issue before or have an other idea?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Could be one area would be the wiper motor to cowl/firewall area, there is a round seal that deteriorates with age, or windshield gasket separating at the base of the windshield .....wait til it's dry out, get a hose and have some one trickle water on that area with some one watching under the dash.....sometimes just a touch of silicone with fix....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts