Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1979 C10 a couple of weeeks ago.

My radiator is leaking so I am replacing it.

I removed the old radiator; other than the top bracket and the 4 bolts holding it on top of the radiator (it's fastened to the body but not to the radiator), they are no fasteners holding the radiator. There are 4 rubber mounts, 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top (attached to the top bracket).

Is this right? The radiator just "floats" in place? When I install the new radiator it just sits on top of the 2 rubber mounts and the top bracket just lays on top?

Seems to easy and maybe not secure enough.

·
Registered
77 Chevy C10
66 Posts
I just bought a 1979 C10 a couple of weeeks ago.

My radiator is leaking so I am replacing it.

I removed the old radiator; other than the top bracket and the 4 bolts holding it on top of the radiator (it's fastened to the body but not to the radiator), they are no fasteners holding the radiator. There are 4 rubber mounts, 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top (attached to the top bracket).

Is this right? The radiator just "floats" in place? When I install the new radiator it just sits on top of the 2 rubber mounts and the top bracket just lays on top?

Seems to easy and maybe not secure enough.
That is correct. Can’t really hard mount the radiator as to prevent vibration /cracking/ leaking. I just put a 4 core in my 77. Had to modify my mounts to accommodate it. Runs real cool now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts