Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Otis requested I post some pictures. These are part of my hoard. Im going to have to reduce it very soon. The state has declared the two hwy,s at my corner scenic hwys. and I past 60 and to be realistic I need to take care of it before I go take the dirt nap.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Old truck man you should do pretty good, if I was closer we would talk, ....!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more pictures

her are a few more pictures. Ive sold the red short bed. the old 64 was a 3/4 ton that we used for a wrecker for several years. the 55 GMC has a factory 287 Pontiac engine. the blue 68 is a 3/4 with a utility bed turbo 400 automatic powersteering & air cond. 456 gears and a 350 engine. it got about 5 miles per gallon.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Old truck man dioes the 55 jimmy have a hydramattic four speed in it...?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Old truck man dioes the 55 jimmy have a hydramattic four speed in it...?
The jimmy has the three on the tree. The engine runs amazingly well. they had to reverse the 2nd 3rd shift arm & lever on the collum and trans to clear the Pontiac cyl head. the old truck is pretty rusty. front cap not too terrible . the cab is beyond repair. I was considering pulling the engine and installing it in a 66 GMC . Ive got a tri power that will fit it. I also have some buick nailhead engines. They installed them in chev truck tractors in 1956. I have one that's souped up it has a wyand two four intake and valve covers, Try Y hedders a bigger cam ect. it has a adapter to a lasalle trans. I plan to install it into something if I live long enough. I once owned two 55 Pontiac HTPS at the same time they both had the four speed hydro trans. One was a star chief the other a chiefitan.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure wish you were closer
Nice collection been at it long???
I was born to turn wrenches been collecting right at 50 years. When I was 14 I traded a horse for a 55 ford Pk. shortly after that I bought a 57 chevy four door for $40 . it was a 265 bored .030 three speed trans 355 rear gears. St Louis car full of bondo. the engine wouldn't run. they had installed a bigger cam and somehow collided the pistons & valves. bent valves. They removed the race cam and installed the stock cam and changed heads. Still wouldn't run. sold it to me & quickly I figured it out the crankshaft key was sheared. They got mad and wouldn't give me the title. so I junked it. sold the front cap for $40.any road my best days are behind me. I got a little grandson who is car nuts. He is now 16 months old. he likes to watch drag race videos. He found his dads old toy cars and Go cart in the back yard last week & he went nuts. All the time making engine noises. he want to get the wrenches and tools also. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
I've always wondered....

Tell us Old Truck Man, how does a fella end up with that many trucks? Did you seek them out and buy them or did you become known as the guy that'll buy your ole truck or perhaps a bit of all of the above?

Do you have titles for all, or nearly all, of the trucks?

Are the trucks all in your name?

Have you ever thought about how much money you have invested in the lot of trucks you currently have?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tell us Old Truck Man, how does a fella end up with that many trucks? Did you seek them out and buy them or did you become known as the guy that'll buy your ole truck or perhaps a bit of all of the above?

Do you have titles for all, or nearly all, of the trucks?

Are the trucks all in your name?

Have you ever thought about how much money you have invested in the lot of trucks you currently have?
most of the 64 thru 66 trucks I have insured and driven the titles are in my or my wifes name. We always saved 10% of every dollar. That gave me Seed Money. And I went to auction sales and always bought the bargiannon running vehicles. Ive sent probably750 vehicles to the crusher in the last fifty years. I drove semi and always carried cash . and bought trucks I seen and fetched them home. I can tell you exactly where I got every vehicle and what I paid or traded for it. The whole hoard doesn't owe me anything. Ive sold enough parts and vehicles to more than recoup double what I paid. example I bought a 66 chevy 4 door 283 powerglide at a estate auction. not running sitting on flat tires. drug it home fixed the tires put in a battery and got it running. traded it for three PKs two 66 GMC,s and a 65 chev 283. Got them running and the chevy had a three speed overdrive. I sold the overdrive for $250 . the most I ever paid for a Pk was $1900.that was for my 71 3/4 big block flatbed. Im known be able to buy anything. and folks needing money are always coming by wanting to sell something. I have quit buying vehicles. only bought three in the last three years . The last was a blue 83 lB 6 cyl stick PK. I still buy guns tools livestock tractors equiptment land etc. If your a trader you learn the money is made with the purchase. If you cant buy at a bargain don't buy. Buy at your price and you can sell and give your customer a good deal. Avoid debt and pay cash. I even paid cash for my little corner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts