Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
needs some work but it drives ---has a 1970 250 in it and a powerglide brakes re well im not sure they go almost to the floor is that normal been awhile since ive had one without power brakes

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Well they shouldn't go to the floor, maybe start by pulling wheels off and do a brke inspection, may be just an adjustment on shoes, here's a pic on what they should look like

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill have to check this w/e. If they look good i was going to invest in a power booster

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hoping to take it to work every day soon

Soon as the brakes are good ill be driving it all over

Just want to make it look nice and a driver

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Ill have to check this w/e. If they look good i was going to invest in a power booster
Sense your wanting to change to power brakes, you might as well install dual master cylinder and split the system, much safer, get a rebuilt master for a `67 to `70 chevy truck drum brake add to your booster and a proportioning valve, it will make all the differance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was going to get a 8" booster and dual master for now then later on add the pv and disc brakes

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drives pretty good so far just needs some brake help then I can drive it daily hope to get some time this w/e to play with the brakes at least get the rear brake adjustment

1 - 11 of 11 Posts