Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am beginning to wire wheel the frame on the truck and have a question about Por 15.

Any suggestions on using it to paint a frame?

If anyone has used it, how did it turn out and what are the appropriate steps to ensure it turns s out well?

Does anyone recommend painting over it?

Thanks

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I`ve never used it, know a lot of that have, its recommended that the frame or metal just be wired wheeled, not totally clean such as sandblasting, its a rust encapsulator, brush it on, work the corners good with it, wear protective clothing and do not get it on anything you don`t want to because its a bear to get off...if you ever get it off...kinda pricey...

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I have used this with much success "Chassis Saver" Just knock off the big chunks of rust and paint with brush made by Magnet Paint & Shellac Co. in New York dries gloss and HARD I think it runs about $35 a quart

·
Registered
29 Posts
por 15

Its like anything else you'd refinish the better you prep the better it'll look .As far as painting over it you'll need to scotch brite it till ALL the shine is off it dries rock hard and if you don't sand it thoroughly nothing will stick to it.Once you've done that just follow their recommendation to refinish , again cannot emphasize enough rough it up good before doing so.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Its like anything else you'd refinish the better you prep the better it'll look .As far as painting over it you'll need to scotch brite it till ALL the shine is off it dries rock hard and if you don't sand it thoroughly nothing will stick to it.Once you've done that just follow their recommendation to refinish , again cannot emphasize enough rough it up good before doing so.
Scotchbrite? I thought an 80 grit surface finish was needed so the paint can adhere to the roughness? Scotchbrite will leave to smooth a surface, correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts