Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are vinyl letters available, but I prefer paint, so here's how I made my own masking template to paint the CHEVROLET letters on the grill of the ole Orange Crate.

Using blue painters tape, the CAD letters I created and clear shipping tape I cut out each individual letter

I then cut out the letters using an X-Acto knife

I attached each template onto each letter

Then it was a simple matter to mask around the templates and spray paint the letters

Ain't she pretty :eek:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Distressed in Denver

Altered, I think I'm leaving them as is.

The grill on my truck must have had vinyl letters on it at one point because the steel is rust pitted only where the letters are? So the letters don't look as fresh and crisp as the photo would lead you to believe. Although the wife told me today the letters "looked nice", so that's high praise indeed.

In reality.. they match the rest of the truck.. "good enough".

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice creative work!

Dave
bowtieb

·
Registered
62 Posts
Oh I see they arent "perfect" as the first photo almost looked as if they were extremely precise. Not saying they arent nice now but I understand they are not the "perfect" letters as it appeared. They still look extremely good and doing it yourself makes them even better. :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice Job Buddy!!!!

I personaley think they look just wright, if they were perfect, then you would be able to tell they are brand new, as they are now, they blend in with the truck much better... beer

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I`l need to do my letters when we repaint the truck....OMG the work that needs to be done to the prep...LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts