Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this has been answered in the past, forgive me for a repeat question.

I have a 78 C10 chevy shortbed stepside and I'm looking to get information on the original build options/standard. I know that in that year it was common for chevy to place the build sheet on the inside of the glove box. Of course, mine is not there. I have what looks like a possible build sheet on the inside of the driver door, but of course can't read due to it being unreadable.

Is there a place to look to find out what the build sheet was through Chevy, or another company if I provided the VIN number?

Or is it basically impossible like the older chevy's? I was hoping that maybe in the late 70's they started to track or keep record of their builds.

Any information is helpful.

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
If this has been answered in the past, forgive me for a repeat question.

I have a 78 C10 chevy shortbed stepside and I'm looking to get information on the original build options/standard. I know that in that year it was common for chevy to place the build sheet on the inside of the glove box. Of course, mine is not there. I have what looks like a possible build sheet on the inside of the driver door, but of course can't read due to it being unreadable.

Is there a place to look to find out what the build sheet was through Chevy, or another company if I provided the VIN number?

Or is it basically impossible like the older chevy's? I was hoping that maybe in the late 70's they started to track or keep record of their builds.

Any information is helpful.

Thanks in advance.
As Charlie said look under the seat springs,,,but in any case maybe this will help you at the GM heritage site..And welcome to the forum glad to have you here....sign0016
https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/do...its/Chevrolet-Trucks/1978-Chevrolet-Truck.pdf

·
Registered
40 Posts
https://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/

I used this sight to help me decode the VIN for my Plane Jane 1980 Chevy C10 Custom Deluxe, or so I thought. Actually turned out to be a Custom Deluxe Big 10.
Just my .02 dont know if this helps or not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts