Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all thought id post up some pics of my project down in aus! :) its a 1988 c2500 silverado 2wd light duty 350 th700. its got shaved door handles, fuel filler,tail gate handle,everything haha new 2k paint, 26inch wheels although not for long as they were on there wen i bought it and r a tad impractical haha.
the rear chassis had been knotched and diff flipped to lower it, it was all a bit dodgey so i fix up the notches put in a rear cross member flipped the diff back to original and lowered it using belltech extended shackles n spring hangers. ive just had the auto rebuilt and beefed up a bit and put a new floor shifter again.

Whats to go: the tilt mechanism is real loose it feels like its never really locked ive had a bit of a look around on the net and i think its a couple of torx screws inside the column im waitin on a tool from snap on at the moment then ill have a go at it. I need to do some body work on the tub, redo the numberplate recess as theres not one there in the rollpan haha. Im goin to put door poppers in the doors its got manual ones at the moment but id like the keyless entry.. I think i might relocate the battery underneath the tub and maybe some engine work down the track :)
anyway tell me wat ya think!!??!

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome to C10Trucks Darcy! Nice truck!

Dave
bowtieb

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Darcy its great to see what others are doing in the world, nice to have you here..:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome Darcy thats a nice truck you have there. How does it ride with those big wheels on there? With that little bit of sidewall I would think it would ride a little rough.

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey all thanks for the welcome msgs! :) fixed the column today! Which was a tad fiddily haha but all good now took the column shifter off n fixed the high beam switch while i was at it :) yer it is a bit rough with those wheels but not as bad as you'd think i love the way they look but cos there so big when u turn they hit on the chassis rail there 26 by 10 so im gunna have to go down in diameter and in width but id still like them to b big does anyone on here no how big u can go and still have ur normal turning circle or at least close to full lock?? I was thinking maybe 24 by 9??? Any help would b great :)

·
Administrator & Sheet Metal Junkie
1,128 Posts
Darcy, I'm not sure at all what size tire will clear. However a few years ago I notched a frame, so a fellows tires would just clear. I cut a groove in the chassis right were the tire made contact. It was an oblong shape running vertical and then I made a piece of 10 gauge to shape inside the oblong with a flange on both sides for strength. And welded solid. I don't remember what size tires he had but not quite as tall as yours. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys havn a bit of a problem wen it says theres about a 1/4 of a tank in there it drives fine but as soon as i start slowing down it cuts out. Its a new gearbox so maybe im thinkin i might have set the tv cable wrong any thoughts??

·
Registered
10 Posts
hows it going mate im an aussie living in the states i was wondering how much something like your truck goes for back home?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts