Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first off the sad news, since my last posting I won my battle with Cancer :D but unfortunately my father did not :( .
Why am I posting? Well the good news, with his passing it opens up the ability for me to possibly do away with the 30+ yr old suspension under my ole 1980 C-10.
Which brings me to my question, so I didnt get flamed for not searching the topic before asking, I searched the site for replacing control arm bushings. I vaguely remember or I think I remember someone posting that they had to be pressed in.
If thats the case,what would be the best way? Or would I just be better off buying a set of O.E arms. While I am at it I am going to be replacing the springs, tie rods, idler and pitman arms. Along with replacing the leaf spring bushings as well. (The more slop I can get out of the suspension the better off I will be)

Any help would be great.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
This will help alleviate most of the slop, they are not pressed in, well in some cases they are....http://www.p-s-t.com

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I usually use my ball joint press to change them.. Best to take measurements first. sometimes they are a pain to get out but the press works good using an impact .

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
easiest way to get the leaf spring bushings out is to use a 1/8 drill bit, drill all the way around thru the rubber and the old bushing will almost fall out....press in the new, the newer poly bushings are two piece design that just slide in from each side of the leaf..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts